Can We Lesser Mortals save money this Winter, by early buying Autumn’s Fashions?
How the heck are you? It’s been a long time since I tipped you off about the trends on the High Street, and it’s been a short summer in terms of sun and heat. I don’t feel I got my wear out of my high summer clothes, so I’m trying desperately hard to keep wearing them till at least the end of September, avoiding buying this autumn’s fashions just yet. Remember, you can keep warm by layering up – put shirts/T shirts etc on under dresses, and wear sandals with maxi’s and crop trousers to keep your legs a bit warmer.
If, however, you are totally bored with your summer clothes and can’t wait to go shopping, then here’s a quick heads up for what autumn fashions are to come. It’s by no means comprehensive, and High Street stores can sometimes ignore the catwalks, and carry on old styles from the season before, especially if they were best sellers. But at least, with this advice, you can be sure you’ll be fairly “edgy” for the next 6 months. Make sure you subscribe on the tab, to get my 2 weekly advice on what’s in the High Street shops to suit your figure!
All my resolutions to save money are flying out of the window…….
- Richmond Velvet jean. £89. Whistles. Available in graphite, black and petrol. Size 24-32 (roughly 6-14). Machine washable. A stretchy jean in cotton elastane mix, cut in a 5 pocket jeans style. This jean is an easy style to wear, but still shows you know what’s in fashion. Suits boyish, slight pear, top heavy and hourglass ladies.
- Jagga Velvet shoe £46 Top Shop. size 3-9. 100% textile. Heel 3″. Colour teal. Velvet too much for you on top? Make a statement with these funky shoes. Will really brighten up a black evening ensemble. Avoid if you have chunky ankles.
- Harry jacquard ankle boot. £65. Top Shop Size 2-9. Heel 3.5″. Textile upper. Again, if you prefer to wear plain clothes or skinny jeans, why not add some funky ankle boots? These won’t suit you if you have very thick ankles.
- Geo jacquard cigarette trouser £35. Next. Sizes 6-22 in reg, long and extra long lengths. 100% polyester. These can be dressed up for work or evening wear, but why not wear during the day too, with a chunky knit and trainers or converses? Comments on the website suggest these are better on curvier women if you don’t want a saggy (not soggy) bottom!!
- Military knit coat. £99.99. Zara. Size S-L. Knitted long length coat. A striking lighter weight coat for winter. Perfect for hippy ladies who want to broaden their shoulders so will suit more proportionate pear shapes, and tall boyish shape ladies best. This coat is intended to reach to your ankles, and will look amazing with high heeled knee boots or over skinny jeans.
- Pleated cord skirt. £38. Oasis. Size 6-16. 100% cotton, machine washable. Short flippy skirt which will suit most body shapes, but not apple shapes.
- Leopard dress wrap dress. £99. Biba at H of Fraser. size 6-16. 100% polyester. Machine washable. Wrap dresses suit most body shapes and the V neck and wide sleeves are flattering whatever your age. Fantastic with knee boots in winter. Suit pear shape, hourglass, top heavy and boyish. Probably not apple shapes due to rigid waist.
- Pony zip clutch. £32 Top Shop. Faux fur and leather purse. Great for day or night.
- Check wool blend coat £99.99. Mango. Size XS-XL. wool blend mix, dry clean only. This coat is quite chunky and boxy, so although most shapes can wear it, it will complement boyish and some apple shapes best.
- Check suit trouser. £49.99. Mango. Size 8-14. Polyester viscose elastane mix. Machine washable. Perfect for work or with a chunky jumper at weekends. Will suit boyish, hourglass and busty women best.
- Endo Baffle Quilt coat. £249. Barbour at H of Fraser. Size 8-18. Polyester amide mix. Machine washable. Stylish and warm, this will suit pear shapes, boyish and hourglass best.
- Junni faux fur collar jacket. £199. Ted Baker. Size 6-16. Nylon shell, faux fur collar (detachable) and down filled. Dry clean only. This style is best for hourglass and boyish.
- Sheer spot pussy bow blouse. £99. Karen Millen. Sizes 6-16. Available in red too. 100% polyester, machine washable. Don’t you just love a pussy bow? The bow draws attention upwards, so great for pear shapes, boyish, apple, and hourglass.
- Aubergine long sleeve friledl blouse. £19.99. Zara. 100% polyester. Machine washable. Size S-L. Before you freak out that this is see through, I just want to mention you should wear a vest top underneath (so no unsightly flesh on show) If you are very self conscious, then a long sleeve tight T shirt would do the trick too.. This cunning little blouse, has a discreet V in to break up the chest area, so is great for apple shapes and big busts. The muted sleeves, draw eyes away from chest area.
So did this titillate you and get you wishing the weather was colder, providing a perfect excuse to go shopping? I’ll keep you up to date with new styles coming in, and where to get them, as this quick peek is by no means comprehensive.
15 style tips on how to wear puff coats: fashiontasty
20 style tips on how to wear leopard print: gurl.com
8 ways celebrities are wearing brocade: nubry.com
7 ways to wer the military trend: allwomenstalk