Can We Lesser Mortals wear Winter Florals without looking like we’ve fallen into a rose bush!!
As a style consultant, I do seem to have been giving you fashion advice over the last few weeks, which all include florals. This can be bad news for you if you don’t like blooming prints!! But fear not, I shall try and make this my last floral post before moving on to other fashion trends for the winter. At least you can say I “rose” to the challenge of making you all flower lovers!! Still, I do aim to give advice on garments which are ACTUALLY in the shops currently (and there are loads of florals out there), so you can grab these pieces as you rush through with your shopping trolley, or 3 year old kid. These items should keep you looking fresh this winter, and I’m sure you’ll be able to wheel them out next spring too.
- Floral print pac-a-mac. £28. Next. Sizes 6-22. Regular, petite and tall, although “on-line” it say tall and petite sold out. 100% polyester. On-line review says it isn’t very waterproof – more of a bright and lightweight jacket. Would suit most body shapes.
- Madeline kimono scarf. £49. Monsoon. 100% silk. These are very versatile scarves, which you can wear with a jacket, or wear as a sort of kimono and cover up. You could start the day wearing it as a scarf, and if you get cold later, use it to cover up!! Suit any body shape.
- Opulent bloom bomber jacket. £169. Ted Baker. Sizes 6-16. Mixture of cotton, wool and polyester. Dry clean only. As the nights get darker, this floral jacket will work well over LBD’s and smart jeans for evening wear. Or for daytime, team with leather pencil. Suits most body shapes. (see previous blog for more help with bomber jackets)
- Shadow floral shoots top. £38. Oasis. 100% polyester. Sizes 6-16. Suits boyish, pear shapes, slimmer apple shapes. Machine washable.
- Pink trailing floral print T shirt. £28. Warehouse. Sizes 6-18. 100% polyester jersey. Machine washable. Free delivery at the moment. Shapes suits boyish, pear and slimmer apple shapes.
- Zarina printed trapeze dress. £49. Monsoon. Size 8-22. 100% viscose. Machine washable. 3/4 sleeves, and fit and flare style. Zip at back. This will suit pear shapes, hourglasses, and some apple shapes.
- Printed dress. £35. Zara. 100% viscose. size S-L. Dry clean only. A fab tunic which will work all year round over jeggings, tights and skinny jeans. Suit apple shapes, boyish and some pear shapes.
If you have a particular predicament with your body shape, or you desperately want to embrace a fashion trend but aren’t sure how to wear it, then contact me here (through comments), and I’ll see if I can help, or run a feature on it. You can also browse my website www.vickysmithstyling.co.uk
How to mix florals with denim and gingham: not dressed as lamb
celebrities wearing winter florals: glamour.com.uk
winter floral – key fashion trend: Guardian fashion