Can We Lesser Mortals find some summer sale bargains we can wear in winter?
The sales are here, and I’m sure lots of Lesser Mortals have rushed into town, and bought some reduced items to wear on summer holidays. However, at the back of your mind is the fact that it is already mid July, and you might only have a few weeks left to wear these garments before the weather changes. So what should you buy in the sales? If you are a savvy shopper, you will have already realised you are going to have to replace last years winter coat, and your leather boots have got holes in, and you might have a special Christmas party coming up!! Whilst it seems ridiculous to be thinking about it now, have you remembered how skint you usually are by October,? Because you’ve got to factor in buying Christmas presents, which is exactly why you never replaced your winter coat in the sales last year!!! Here are some suggestions which have great reductions but which I think you will get good wear out of, in winter. Let me know if you buy any of these things – always nice to chat ( see comments box below)
- Kimono sleeve dress Was £215 now £105. Karen Millen. Size 6-16. 100% polyester. Dry clean only. I love this dress and it will really suit red heads! The beading detail and rushed skirt will suit pear shapes best, but it will also suit other body shapes.
- Gracie dress. Was £169 now £35. Monsoon. Size 6-14. 100% polyester. Machine washable. Does this remind you of Marilyn Monroe? Beautiful halter neck dress which will suit apple shaped ladies! For winter, accessorise with metallic gold, or silver, shoes and handbag.
- Sequin bomber jacket Was £249 now £125. Ted Baker. Sizes 6-16. Viscose, polyester, polyamide mixes. How many times do you have a lovely party frock and no jacket to wear with it? It even looks great with jeans too!! Suits most body shapes, especially hourglass if it finishes at waist level.
- Textured cotton coat. Was £275 now £135. Karen Millen. Size 8-14. Cotton elastane – dry clean only. Normally I only have one winter coat, but I recently discovered the value of having a brighter lighter weight coat to keep me feeling summery in spring and autumn. This is perfect! This is good for most body shapes, apart from apple shapes.
- Black leather bomber jacket. Was £495 now £245. Reiss. Faux fur collar but lambs leather body. I always buy leather in the sales, as you get better quality leather for your money. I like this as most other styles are biker, and this bomber jacket is a little more versatile. It will suit most body shapes unless you are very busty.
- Betsy leather ankle boot. Was £275 not £165. LK Bennett. Leather. Again, if you buy in the sales, you get a much better quality boot, and don’t kid yourself that you’ll find cheaper in winter – the winter prices are always a shock after summer. These will look good with skinnies and skirts. They will elongate shorter wider feet.
- Grey Agosta Zip Tote was £229 now £114. Jigsaw. Italian leather. Up to date tote which makes shopping with the girls a stylish pass time!! Good for summer or winter.
So if you want to save money, you need to buy ahead in the sales, and whilst it seems ridiculous to be thinking of winter when you haven’t had your summer holiday yet, you will give yourself a pat on the back, when you notice all the winter clothes are SO expensive. I am currently taking lots of clients sale shopping now. If you are interested, see www.vickysmithstyling.co.uk
How to shop in the sales: fashion/Telegraph.
Is it safe to buy in the sales?: Dailymail
12 things to buy in the sales: The frugality
More than half of britons never wear clothes bought in the sales: this is money