Can We Lesser Mortals wear florals without looking like a shrinking violet?
I feel like florals have been around for ages, but they certainly reflect the mood of spring and summer. Often we feel more inspired to wear bolder patterns and colours in summer, than in winter. Florals don’t have to be girly. You can choose to sling them on with a pair of brogues or choose a bolder, more aggressive print, rather than a pretty pastel. Even if I wasn’t an “image consultant” I’d be totally up for a flower or two – you can’t help being cheerful when wearing flowers! How about you? Which would you wear?
- Pretty floral shift dress. £48. Warehouse. Sizes 6-18. Polyester viscose elastane mix. Machine washable. It may look at little short (depending on your age) but on holiday it’ll be fine. This will suit boyish and pear shapes.
- Floral chiffon sleeve dress. £35. Warehouse. Size 8-16. 100% viscose. Machine washable. A loose shift style tunic, for easy wear around the house and on the school run. Great with footless tights and pumps or wearing over jeans too. Suit boyish and apple shapes best.
- Carolina dress. £130. Phase eight. Sizes 6-20. Cotton polyamide elastane mix. Machine washable. The sweetheart neck line flatters a larger chest, so is great for hourglass figures.
- Digital floral pencil skirt and top. £40 and £40. Oasis. Sizes 6-18. Cotton elastane mix. Machine washable. This gives you plenty of outfits – dress, skirt, top. The top is boxy, so not great for big busts. Will suit boyish figures, and slight pear shapes. The skirt on its own, will big chested and hourglass ladies. Apple shapes may find this suits them, and the added value is, you can buy different size tops and bottoms.
- Daisy red bardot sweater. £15-£25. Next. Sizes 6-22, also in petite and tall sizes too. Cotton, nylon, viscose mix. Will suit most body shapes, but if you are large chested, buy it small enough to nip in under your chest.
- Idris window blossom T shirt. £45. Ted Baker. Size 6-16. 100% viscose. A really pretty T shirt in a more subtle floral print which will make jeans outfits, look quite smart. Any body shape.
- Floral printed jacket. £65. Next. Size 6-22. Cotton polyester viscose elastane mix. The boxy shape means it is probably best for boyish and pear shapes.
- Sarah frill blouse. £39. Pepperberry. Sizes 8-18. As well as each size being cut in Curvy fit, through to super curvy. Viscose elastane with removable cami inside.Machine washable. Perfect for busty women.
- Flight of fancy floral jeans. £80. French connection. Size 6-16. cotton elastane. Cold wash. Slightly more subtle print, and suits anyone who normally wears skinny jeans.
- Olivia sugar floral trousers. £110. Reiss. size 4-14. Cotton elastane mix. Machine washable. Suit boyish, hourglass and top heavy best.
Let me know if this has inspired you to try out some floral clothes. Keep looking at my Facebook Vicky Smith Styling, to give you ideas on how to wear clothes, or book a one to one with www.vickysmithstyling.co.uk
20 style tips on hot to wear florals: Gurl
winter floral print trend: STylecaster
floral fashion trend: Just the design