Sales Bargains Image courtesy of Buydesignerfashions.com
Can We Lesser Mortals grab Sales Bargains we will wear again?
Happy New Year! Did you rush to the sales and snap up some sale items? I didn’t. Partly I’m recovering from the expense of the festivities and gift overload, but the other factor is that I find the paltry reductions straight after Christmas, not worth getting out of bed for. Now, however, things are beginning to hot up, and with February pay packet looming on the horizon, it’s a good time to trawl the online sale pages, or trot to the shops.
I was nearly palpitating at some of the savings you can get right now, from the more expensive High Street Stores. Some are resolutely hanging on to a maximum of 50% off, which on a leather jacket of £5-600 still costs a lot of money, but others are really trying to clear stock before launching their Spring range. And so there are some fabulous sale bargains to be had. I have picked out a few and couldn’t wait to tell you about them, as they are AMAZING!! If you click before tonight 24th January, Karen Millen is offering another 30% off.
What to buy?
First of all, you could tell yourself you’ll manage with the coat you’ve got, till next year. But trends don’t change that much, and you can bet your bottom dollar they will cost more next year. Consequently, on the run up to Christmas, with outgoings for presents, it will become less of a priority. Hence it’s good idea to buy more expensive winter items now, even moving towards the end of the season. Moreover, we will still have 3 months of cold weather. In addition, the other thing to look out for, are items you can wear in summer – pastel colours, new trends etc, and make your saving early. So to conclude, go on – have a look today. Most sizes were still available when I wrote this, but you’ll still need to be quick.
- Reah Mono Coat. Reduced from £179 to £79. Coast Sizes 6-18. Acetate wool polyester mix. Dry clean only. Great for boyish shapes
- Knitted Geo wrap coat. Reduced from £299 to £145 but till midnight tuesday 24th, another 30% off on line. Karen Millen Size 6-16. Acrylic, polyester wool cotton mix. Dry clean only. Great for apple shapes, but good for other shapes too.
- Fiona Leopard clutch. Reduced from £245 to £95. Lk Bennet 100% leather. Does leopard print ever go out of fashion?
- Harlow white jumper. Reduced from £110 to £40. Reiss Size XS – L. Wool viscose nylon elastane mix. Hand wash. White is perfect for summer & white is a trend colour for 2017. This jumper is a relaxed shape so fits most body shapes but works well on pear shapes and boyish.
- Ella Light apricot satin shirt. Reduced from £160 to £60. Reiss Size 6-14 100% silk. A silk shirt for £60???? Bargain, and this colour is great for work or for a summer shirt over skinny jeans. Suits most body shapes.
- Tarquin ice pink chain dress. Reduced from £180 to £50. Thats 70% off…..aaargh. Size 4-14. 100% polyester. Dry clean. A great colour for summer, and multi purpose uses. Great for boyish figures, but may suit other shapes too.(hourglass can fit, but it hides your curves)
- Cropped wide leg jean. Reduced from £95 to £25. Whistles Size 24-34″. Denim – machine washable. This cut of jean is going to be big this summer. High waists won’t suit you if you have a large tummy. This will be suit most other body shapes.
- Teagen one shoulder dress. Reduced from £150 to £45. Whistles. Size 4-16 to order from store. 100% polyester dry clean. These jewel colours on trend this summer, so this dress is great for summer parties and winter ones too. The frill will add volume to your chest so the style is good for pear shapes, and maybe boyish.
- Petro low heeled ankle boot. Reduced from £160 to £49. Carvela 100% leather. Size 2-9. How can you not love these? They will be great in winter with jeans, but you can also wear with bare legs in summer ( depending on your age!!)
- Larissa white brogue. Reduced from £89 to £29. Kurt Geiger. Upper is described as snake print, but no idea of whether leather or not. Stacked soles are big this summer. And brogues are great with bare legs.
So get trawling, and make your massive savings now. Check the returns policy – no point saving on items if you have to pay to return. If you want any advice, you can contact me through my image consultant web site www.vickysmithstyling.co.uk
Sales shopping guide: Vogue.co.uk
Ultimate guide to shopping sales 2017: savethestudent.co.uk