Can We Lesser Mortals find clothes in the sales, that we will get our wear out of, in summer?
Phew!! Christmas deco’s away, kids back at school/uni, back into a work routine….collapse. But don’t relax too soon, as the sales are on, and many retailers are now desperate to sell off old winter stock before they can bring their new spring stock in. And so they are furiously discounting, which means savvy Lesser Mortals, are getting out their credit cards, ( as they spent to much over Christmas) knowing that if they can bag a bargain now, it will save them money in the summer. In addition, they will thrive on the excitement of knowing that they have a lovely new item in the cupboard waiting for its first outing. But how do you know it’s going to be in fashion and you’ve not just wasted your money? That’s why a “fashion blog” written by an “image consultant” is so useful…..It’s realistic and only uses high street stores. And it’s current, because the consultant is always out and about in the shops.
So here are my choices for clothes which will be fashionable this summer, and many are under 50% of the original price!!!
- Embroidered full circle organza skirt dress. Karen Millen. WAS £215 NOW £85!! Size 6-16. 100% polyester. Dry clean. This will suit most ladies, whatever your age, but will also flatter hourglass, pear shape and boyish figures.
- Jamie ivory fitted A-line dress. Reiss. WAS £179 NOW £75. sizes 6-14. Viscose, nylon and elastane mix, and can be cool hand washed. Due to the empire line shape, this will flatter apple shapes, pear shapes and boyish figures.
- Jewelled pump. Boden. WAS £129 NOW £51 to £64 depending on size and colour (available in gold and navy and half sizes). Available in most full and half sizes 36-42. Suede upper. Don’t think of these as Christmas party – they are going to look fab with cropped jeans in summer and the pointed toe shape is bang on trend!!
- Maroon High waist skirt with belt. Zara. WAS £59.99 NOW £25.99. S-M but others may be available in store. Polyester lycra mix. Waist belt and maroon colour. Skirt hems are going down, and this is a relaxed midi length which will float gently over hips and tummies. Suit most body shapes, but will lengthen your legs if you struggle with a long torso and shortish legs..
- Livier flare 0607D Jean. Diesel. WAS £110, NOW £77. Flared high waisted trousers and jeans are set to appear this summer, as trends embrace anything retro – 40’s through to 70’s! These are cotton polyester elastane mix. sizes 24″ to 31″ waist and 30′ to 34″ leg length. Go Flare not bootcut.(bootcut is more fuddy duddy.) These flares can add curves, and balance out hippy ladies, so suits boyish, hourglass and slight pear shapes. If you are very heavy round the hip area, you’ll need a longer top.
- Culotte trouser. Next. WAS £25 NOW £12. Sizes 6-14. The fashion trends are towards wide leg trousers, crop trousers and culottes. Don’t be scared, they are just like skirts, but watch out for gathering round the waist if you have a large tummy. Polyester, viscose, elastane. Like an A-line skirt, these suit most body shapes.
So although you may be spent up after Christmas, it is certainly worth writing yourself a list of summer items you need, and head off to the sales, or on-line. Making a list will stop you buying unnecessary items. If you want to book a consultation, go to my website www.vickysmithstyling. Booking a stylist, can save you money long term.
10 tips for fashion shopping on a budget: babble.com
11 style tips for the girl on a shoestring budget: whowhatwear
Top tips for avoiding sales frenzy: makemefabulousuk