Can We Lesser Mortals be per – SUEDE – ed to wear suede?
How many of you were brave enough to buy leather in the last few years? Not just a timeless jacket, but a skirt, leggings. coat? Did you worry you wouldn’t get your wear out of it, and now, 3-4 years later, you’re still able wearing said item? That’s getting good Value For Money. Well, suede is set to take over from leather this summer- in every shade possible. But if you invest, will you get your moneys worth? A jacket is a fairly safe timeless option, but what about the other choices? I would say that you can get reasonably priced 100% suede skirts on the High Street, and there are really good imitation suedette options available too. The advantage there, is that they are easy to bung in the wash if you spill your salad dressing on them, probably lighter weight, and less likely to crease in your suitcase. Still, it’s never the same as the real thing. Here I give your shopping mojo a kick in the pants, and show you what’s in the shops at the mo!
Can you wear suede whatever your age? Maybe avoid the mini skirts!! But a trench coat or long length A line skirt, is ageless. Still not convinced? Then a pair of suede ankle boots, or a suede handbag, maybe with a few tassels to show you know it’s in fashion. Remember, a small nod to fashion can knock years off your apparent age. After all, unless you’re into vintage, no-one is wearing twin set and pearls…….
- Suede trench coat. £289. Mango. Size S-L. 100% goat leather. Not washable or dry cleanable. This is a great colour, and will suit tall ladies – it can be worn open or fastened, so will suit most body shapes, but will flatter on apple shapes the worn undone.
- Grey sleeveless suedette jacket. £45. Next. Size 6-22. 100% polyester, dry clean only. Again, this will suit most body shapes, but the vented pockets on the hips, mean you should avoid this style if you are hippy.
- Berry suedette pocket jacket. £50. Next. Size 6-22. 100% polyester. Dry clean only. A short crop jacket on regular ladies which means it will suit hourglass, pear (if worn with wide leg trousers) and boyish figures.
- Griffin suede leather shirt. £350. Whistles. Size XS-L. 100% leather. Dry cleanable. Don’t be put off by the short sleeves – you can get more wear by putting a jumper, or blouse on underneath. This is quite a shapeless shirt, so it can be worn undone to suit lots of body shapes, but is best on boyish figures.
- Emme suede skirt £198. All Saints. Size 2-14. Colour chocolate and sand available. 100% goat leather. Dry cleanable. This is a fairly straight style, so will suit boyish, top heavy and slight pear shapes best.
- Burgundy suede midi skirt. £80. Warehouse. Size 6-18. Also available in a blue colour. 100% leather – dry cleanable. This A line midi shape will suit pear shape and hourglass figures best.
- Berry suede A line skirt. £55. Warehouse. Size 6-18. Available in teal blue too. 100% leather dry clean only. This A line shape work well on most body shapes but best for pear and hourglass.
- Suede button through skirt £39. Oasis. Size 6-16. In natural and black. 100% polyester, machines washable. Again this will suit most body shapes but best for pear and hourglass.
Hopefully this will tempt you to think about popping into the stores soon, to get an early lead in the fashion stakes!! You always feel so much better when you have something fresh to wear, and have a spring in your step. I can do one to one sessions in the Midlands area. If you are interested, click here
How to wear suede this spring: Fashion Gum
Massive trend alert – suede: the fashion tag
Patchwork suede: we wore what
Suede trench coat: fashion agony
Street style trend suede: fashion fade magazines